Andretti continues working on the F1 car, does not accept rejection | Top Vip News


General Motors-backed Andretti Formula 1 team hopeful will continue to prepare for a possible entry as it “disagrees” with the commercial rights holder’s rejection.

F1 stated on Wednesday that the application for Andretti Formula Racing, which would be run under the Andretti Cadillac name, “should not be successful”, despite Andretti previously getting the green light from the FIA.

The detailed review of Andretti’s F1 bid raised several concerns, including the team’s potential competitiveness, the layout of its engines and the value Andretti would bring to the championship.



Specifically, F1 raised concerns that Andretti wanted to enter 2025 with a car built to one set of rules and at the same time design a new one with completely different regulations in 2026, which, according to F1, “gives us reason to question their understanding of the scope of the challenge involved.”

F1 also said Andretti, who has won in several categories including IndyCar and Formula E, and is partnered with an established sports car manufacturer, would take on a challenge he “has not faced in any other formula or discipline he has competed in.” previously”. and he “would not be a competitive player” with a short-term supply of engines.

Although it did not address any of the F1-specific points raised in a lengthy statement, Andretti Cadillac issued a response saying it had reviewed the information and “does not agree with its contents.”

“Andretti and Cadillac are two successful global motorsports organizations committed to putting a genuine American team in F1, competing alongside the best in the world,” he said.

“We are proud of the significant progress we have already made in developing a highly competitive car and power unit with an experienced team behind us, and our work continues apace.”

Andretti had a model built to the current set of rules in a wind tunnel as part of extensive work done with the expectation that it would be granted entry.

It has also hired a number of significant staff, including former Renault Nick Chester as technical director.

The fact that Andretti Cadillac continues its work “at pace” is an obvious indication that it does not see F1’s rejection as the end of the matter.

Andretti F1

It is widely believed that F1’s decision will be challenged, although Andretti has not yet said whether he will actually take legal action.

One factor to consider is that F1 at least indicated it would “look different” if Andretti applied for a 2028 entry with a General Motors engine, referring to GM’s announcement last year that it would build its own F1 power unit for this entrance. .

However, that seemed contingent on Andretti Cadillac joining the grid as requested for 2025 and a short-term engine deal being reached with a customer in the meantime.

Leave a Comment