Kate Middleton is “on the mend” and has left Windsor for the first time since her operation after joining Prince William and their three children for a half-term holiday at the Sandringham estate, where they were also able to visit King Charles.


This has been a worrying week for royalists, as Buckingham Palace announced on Monday that King Charles had been diagnosed with cancer. So I’m delighted to bring you some encouraging health news.

The Princess of Wales, who underwent “successful” planned abdominal surgery more than three weeks ago, is recovering.

And, in a clear sign of her improvement, she was able to accompany her husband, Prince William, and their three children as they left yesterday morning for a half-term holiday at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where the king is also staying. convalescent. .

“Catherine is recovering well,” a friend tells me. “She was looking forward to a change of scenery and she’ll be able to take it easy in Norfolk while the kids blow off some steam with William.”

The Princess, 42, was discharged 12 days ago from the London Clinic, where she had spent almost two weeks.

The Princess of Wales and Prince William with Prince Louis, Prince George and Princess Charlotte attend the Christmas Day service at St Mary Magdalene' Church

The Princess of Wales and Prince William with Prince Louis, Prince George and Princess Charlotte attend the Christmas Day service at St Mary Magdalene’ Church

The King began his

The King began his ‘usual treatment program’ this Tuesday, although palace officials did not give details of what type of cancer.

The Princess of Wales was able to join her husband, Prince William, and their three children as they left for a half-term holiday at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk yesterday morning.

The Princess of Wales was able to join her husband, Prince William, and their three children as they left for a half-term holiday at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk yesterday morning.

In the only statement from Kensington Palace on his health, a spokesperson said on January 17 that, “based on current medical advice, he is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter.”

The spokesperson did not provide details about the nature of his surgery, but sources reported that it was not for cancer.

Since leaving hospital, without being photographed, Catherine has been at Adelaide Cottage, the family’s four-bedroom home in Windsor Home Park.

Their children, Prince George, ten, Princess Charlotte, eight, and Prince Louis, five, attend Lambrook School, a 15-minute drive away, in Berkshire. Yesterday they separated to take a week’s mid-term vacation.

While Prince Harry was not invited to Sandringham and had to settle for a 45-minute meeting with his father and stepmother, Queen Camilla, at Clarence House on Wednesday, Catherine’s family was able to see the king at Sandringham, depending on the medical advice he gave her. he has been given.

The King began his ‘usual treatment program’ on Tuesday, although palace officials did not give details of what type of cancer.

Catherine and her family will stay at Anmer Hall, their ten-bedroom home on the Sandringham estate.

At an air ambulance charity event on Wednesday, William thanked the public for their “kind messages of support”. He told guests: “It means a lot to all of us.”

A Kensington Palace spokesman declined to comment.

Leave a Comment