‘Zoey 101’ alum Matthew Underwood claims he was sexually harassed by former agent when he was 19

[ad_1]

TELEVISION

Matthew Underwood said his agent sexually harassed him when he was a teenager.Getty Images for Nickelodeon

“Zoey 101” actor Matthew Underwood claims he was sexually harassed and assaulted by his former agent when he was just 19 years old.

After fans criticized the former Nickelodeon star for staying quiet following the release of the explosive documentary “Quiet on Set,” he took to Instagram to share why he decided not to speak out about the alleged allegations made against the network’s employees.

“When I was 19, I was sexually harassed and then assaulted by my agent at the time, who had spent a good amount of time building trust in me as a friend and mentor. Once again, my trust was betrayed and my self-image was crushed,” she said. wrote on Instagram on Friday.

“When I was 19, I was sexually harassed and then assaulted by my agent at the time, who had spent a good amount of time building trust in me as a friend and mentor,” he wrote on Instagram on Friday. CineMagia
Underwood said the agent was fired but is still “active in the industry.”

“I reported him to the agency and he has since been fired, although he is still active in the industry. This experience caused him to move me away from Los Angeles and end my pursuit of acting.”

Underwood, 33, said he shared his story because he has been receiving negative emails, calling him a “pedophile advocate” after he did not speak out after several former child stars made alarming accusations about “Zoey 101” creator Dan Schneider. , and the former Nickelodeon. dialogue coach Brian Peck.

“I imagine a lot of my friends in the business are being similarly harassed if they don’t join the choir,” the “Zoey 102” star wrote.

“So I share this in the hope that some of you can recognize that just because a person doesn’t shout from the rooftops that pedophiles are bad or that people can be shit, that doesn’t mean they don’t have their own reasons for do it. keep silent, good reasons, personal reasons.”

Underwood, who also revealed that he was allegedly “groomed and sexually abused” by his best friend’s stepfather when he was 12, said he “never had a bad experience” during his time at Nickelodeon and during his time working with Schneider.

Underwood said he shared his story because he has been receiving negative emails, calling him a “pedophile advocate” after he did not speak out after several former child stars made alarming accusations about “Zoey 101” creator Dan Schneider and former coach of Nickelodeon dialogue, Brian. Peck. Mateo Underwood/Instagram
Underwood said she “never had a bad experience” during her time at Nickelodeon and during her time working with Schneider. fake images

“I have nothing to add to the conversation that anyone would like to hear. “I like to believe that people have the ability to be better humans and Dan seems to recognize that he had been a jerk in his past,” Underwood wrote.


To see more Page Six that you love…


“I like to believe that he is fully capable of being a creator and a coworker that everyone can enjoy working with.”

During the new documentary “Quiet on the Set,” several former Nickelodeon stars alleged that Schneider, 58, allegedly fostered a toxic work environment and tormented and humiliated cast and crew on their televisions.

During the new documentary “Quiet on the Set,” several former Nickelodeon stars alleged that Schneider allegedly fostered a toxic work environment and tormented and humiliated cast and crew on their televisions. FilmMagic, Inc.
“Josh and Drake” star Drake Bell sued Peck in 2004 for sexual abuse. The voice coach pleaded no contest and he was sentenced to 16 months in prison. Research discovery

The former producer was also called a “psychological tormentor” by former Nickelodeon writer Amy Berg.

Schneider denied the allegations but said he owes the people a “strong apology.”

Meanwhile, “Josh and Drake” star Drake Bell sued Peck in 2004 for sexual abuse; however, he remained anonymous in the lawsuit. The voice coach pleaded no contest and he was sentenced to 16 months in prison.


filed in

agents
,

assaults
,

celebrity social media
,

child stars
,

Daniel Schneider
,

documentaries
,

matthew underwood
,

Nickelodeon
,

sexual harassment
,

teenagers
,
03/30/24



Load more…









Copy URL to share

Leave a Comment